Sunday, July 6, 2008

What a weekend!!

Friday-

We were supposed to have a cookout but Jeff didn't want people to see the house not finished yet. We would like for it to be finished upstairs besides the crown molding before people come over. We also want the front yard all set. All we have left to do is putty and paint the remaining half of trim and baseboards, grout the kitchen back splash, paint the remainder of the kitchen(not a lot at all), replace the dishwasher.

Instead my mom and brother came over for the day. We cooked some food on the grill, hung out did a little work on the house here and there. Got ready for the yard sale I slept through that was another story. Then around 7 ish we went to the fireworks in the city we just moved from. We had a great time. Trev was so excited. We had to take Max and people were oohing and ahhing over the kids and the dog.

Here are some pics!

My mom and Trev watching the fireworks
Photobucket
Can I have popcorn?
Photobucket
Playing Light sabers
Photobucket
NO MORE KISSES
Photobucket
Max at the fireworks
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday- We went to the mall for the first time in AGES!! We let the kids play, bought a few things we have been needing, shoes undies, socks, my clinque...then some presents for Christmas and birthdays at Disney's HUGE sale!! We let the kids play at all the play areas and had lunch.

We came home and my husband ACTUALLY let me take a nap!! It was only for a hour and a half but when I woke up he had the kitchen window framed and the back splash half way done. He finished that and we took Trev to see Kung Fu Panda. VERY cute movie, great message etc. I hate Jack Black...He didn't seem like a douche in this movie like he does in every other movie.

Sunday- Today I woke up early and went bargain shopping as usual. It was good I got a TON of great deals! I came home cleaned and got ready for another cookout. 'best friend Ed and his girlfriend Tracey came over. Ed grilled and OMG it was so good. He def took his time and cooked some kick ass food. We all just kinda relaxed and hung out afterwards..Jeff and Ed shot bee bee guns and slingshots and acted like 2 year olds not 30 yr olds! All in all it was a great weekend.

I also met another neighbor that thanked us for all we are doing. She said we are making the place look awesome. It was great to see someone finally taking care of the house. It makes us feel great!

No comments: