Wednesday, July 9, 2008

50 pounds till Christmas!!

Ive been depressed. I talk about it everyone knows about it. Ever since I had Trev my body just went downhill. I was a 8/10 in high school(my ideal weight). I felt proud of myself. I was curvy and toned and looked great. Right before I had Trev I was a 10/12. Then after Trev I was a 14. Now I'm a 16/18 16's are snug and 18's are too loose.

I put on about 12 pounds during the whole home search, renovating and moving into this place. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want and how much I want. This is all going to stop. I saw a pic of myself taken on the 4th and I'm so very disgusted. I have extra skin from the kids on my belly so that will never be flat. But if I get to a healthy point in my weight then maybe I can look into a tummy tuck or buy spanx.

Im not a fan of exercise nor have I ever been. I am going to try. I cant afford nor do I have the time to go to the gym. However walking is free and I can do it all around my neighborhood. I also can diet.

My goal is to get to my "Ideal weight" That means I need to lose 52 pounds. My goal is to lose this weight by Christmas. That averages out to 2 pounds a week. I want to look great. I want my husband to be able to hold his head up that his wife looks great after having two kids! Most of all I want to be proud of myself again.

Here is the plan:

Start walking 3 times a week. Im going to go around my block once. This is about a 15 min walk. Every week I plan on making my walk 5 mins longer. Once I get to an hour walk then I will increase my days. I CAN do this..

Eating:

Dinner I can do nothing about. I do use ground turkey at times, and sneak veggies into food. However my husband LOVES his food. I will have to use major portion control at dinner time. No starch, more veggies and lean meat.

For breakfast and lunch I plan on eating lots of tuna, lean chicken, veggies, fruits, grains, oats, etc. I also have to eat a portion not 2!!

For desserts I will have things like yogurt, nutri gran bars etc.

Im slowly going to wean soda out of my life. ALL water if possible again. Im starting with 2 sodas a day or less if I can stand it.

I don't want to starve myself or enter into a fad diet as that is a joke and I will not get anywhere.

I plan on weighing myself once a week. Every Sunday I will weigh and update on my week. Heres to hoping this goes very well for me!!

Our finances are about to have a diet too. I will update more on that later.

3 comments:

Be Fat No More said...

Hi. You don't have to starve yourself or eat crappy food to lose weight. Eat normally and get some regular exercise and the fat will come off.

I'm detailing my journey on blog. If you take a minute to read it you'll see I don't eat rice cakes or starve myself. Just normal eating and regular exercise.

Good luck!

The Coupon Junkie said...

ohhh i sooo feel your pain!!!
trust me your not alone...cant wait to see what this baby does to my already nasty body!!
I also would like it if dave could hold his head up high and say thats my wife after two kids...he says he likes me no matter how i look but I DONT!!!
I got down to a size 7/8 rite before i got preg. with Laitlyn, so i didn't get to enjoy it very long...

Jaime said...

Hey Manda! I just wanted to tell you good luck with your weight loss journey. I lost about 75 pounds after each kid and am now at a good weight, so it can be done! My advice is to get a diet scale and weigh out your portions until you have a better sense of what a serving should look like. Also, load up on fiber- lots of apples, whole wheat bread and veggies. Drink water with every meal, and alwyas keep about 200 calories for a beer or something sweet at the end of the day. I'm going to be walking more too, so we can encourage each other! Oh- and check out Sparkpeople, its great. Good luck!