Friday, November 21, 2008

$ and bills

I have been doing very well. This week I have been to Shaws, CVS, and Target(only because I needed to get one last gift for Aubrey that I had a coupon for!). I have been doing really good with buying only what we need!

I made our budget for this month and next, paid all the bills I could, scheduled the ones I couldn't and made a working budget. I also did our meal plan and we don't need much for the month....a pepper, Gatorade, bananas(next week), grapes(next week), milk, Alfredo sauce....I have 5/25 coupons for Shaws so I plan on using those each week and spending no more then 20-25 a week :)

Gas!! I filled up my truck yesterday for 29.xx that hasn't happened in forever...It was getting around 40-50 range for a while. This made me so happy. Jeff is off this week so we will be using his car a lot and that fill up will last me two weeks! I will fill up the car today with some gas coupons! It will make it 1.67 a gallon...my friend has more if I can get a hold of her today I will stop by and grab hers to make it even cheaper!

$$ coming in....My school money is finally hitting....YAY I wont have to fork over 4800 I don't have :) I am thinking I will get AT LEAST a 1k grant and around 800 for our tax return. With this money I will be able to free up 85 dollars a month in our budget! I will also pay off 6 of the 16 cards we have with balances off! It makes me breathe a little easier. On average I get between 4-7k a year from school so hopefully I get a ton back this year. If I get another 1k then thats one more card freeing up now 44 more dollars bringing my total to 130 a month! etc etc. I would like to have 5 cards by December 2009!

1 comment:

The Coupon Junkie said...

holy crap!! 16?! i stress about my 2 cards!! man id be nuts!! you so good w/your budget!! i suck at it!