Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The fear of children!

I am a worrier always have been! Today Trev was hanging out the truck window like usual saying come on face come on make school open! It was very cute...Well then I saw what I thought was wax or food or something on the back of his ear lobe. So I went to move it and it didn't come off. So I tried again but he was wiggling all around because I was tickling him.

So I made the mistake of talking to myself and saying shit I think its a tick...NOOOOOO NOT BUMBLE BEES!!!! Hes afraid of any bugs that fly! So I get outta the truck to grab his head and get it off and I see legs..MOTHER FUCKER its a tick! I start to tear up instantly and get it off and just instinct said throw it on the ground. I went ahead and let him go off to school with tears in my eyes. I have a call in to his pedi and to the school so everyone knows whats going on. I'm just waiting for his doc's office to call me back.

I HATE having these problems. I hate living where we live. We live in a woody area and have had one tick on Max before we got him on front line and now one on Trev. Our backyard and the side of our house aren't landscaped yet and that must have been where he was playing yesterday. SO when he gets home I have to sit him down and make sure he knows that area is restricted. I hope his doc wants to see him because I just need them to tell me its okay!

The bad side to parenting is the fear and worries of the harm that can happen to your children. When I called school she said he was acting fine it was library day and he had picked out a book and was very excited. She also said shes found ticks on her boys before that its just part of living in this area and it seems like I got them off in time but we are mothers and we will always worry!

No comments: