Thursday, August 7, 2008

Making changes

I am trying to lower all of our bills. I am removing all the things that we don't need. We want them but we don't NEED them.

Our cell is the best plan that we can get. We are utilizing it as much as possible . We just blocked 411 so that we are no longer allowed to use that. That will lower our bill 10 bucks a month!!! 120 a year!

Our cable/internet I took away tons of channels and made our internet slower. Our bill went from 116 to 87 That will be a savings of 29 a month or 348 a year.

Electric I'm trying not to use the AC's if at all possible and when they are on they are up very high. If its sunny out the curtains are all open and all the lights are off. I wash with cold water, I do dishes with cold water and everyone takes room temp showers no more steaming hot showers.

Water Use as little as possible. Kids get baths every other night. I take one shower a day instead of 2-3 and run the dishwasher every other day.

Hopefully we will see these changes. If I could save 1k a year it would be great

No comments: