Monday, June 16, 2008

IDHTBPTBB

As The Nester says...."It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful". She is having a day where everyone posts what is imperfect yet beautiful in their lives....Check out her blog its really great. I check daily!

As for IDHTBPTBB....My life isn't perfect by any means...However I am 24, the proud owner of an associates degree,a mother and wife to my kids and husband, and a recent first time home owner. I LOVE my home...Its not perfect and doesn't look like the beautiful 500k house I wish I could live in. But it is MINE! It gives my two beautiful babies a place to run around outside. It gives me a weekend to sit outside and watch trev run through the sprinkler, I can mow the lawn, Jeff can work on the house to make it the home I want!

Here is our dining room....I love our place mats and napkins...However the truth in life is these two colorful place mats are at our table for our monkeys to eat off of...Photobucket

Then the living room...I stopped folding laundry to nurse Aubrey and put her down for her morning nap...Its not always clean and perfect there is clothes and toys on the floor...But I love having toys to trip over reminds me I am a mother and I am able to give them a lot of things I never ever had.

We also have yet to finish all the baseboards and any of the crown molding...But we are getting there...What is up has wood filler on it and still needs to be sanded and painted...But whatever its ours and we have the pride of sweat equity!PhotobucketPhotobucket

No its not perfect but it is mine...Yes that is probably the 10th time I said that but I am so proud to be a homeowner....These guys make it all worth it!PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

A sink full of dishes...I have yet to doPhotobucket I wish I could say I get up every morning and clean and do all my motherly duties but I don't...I enjoy the time when my kids are both very happy and I have energy to play all morning!

10 comments:

sara said...

Love the pictures of your family! And I love the red dish in your sink!!!

The Nester said...

Count those blessings baby! Congrats on the house!

Oh, you might want to see a doctor about your son's hands. I'm not sure if you noticed but they are really swollen and green.

Thanks so much for sharing!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

We have wood filler on some of our trim too...I just hide it behind the couch!

~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

You are doing things just right! Love your peek into the real world. Sweet babies, perfect and all, Susie H

Blogger said...

I love that red dish, too...your home looks perfectly comfortable and inviting to me!

Finding Normal said...

Beautiful home! Enjoy those babies!

Karrie said...

Your house is truely a HOME.
What cute kiddos! Enjoy your little ones growing up here, no where will ever seem as special as the house where your babies were... well BABIES!!! Love the kitchen and also your son's Hulk hands, too! :)
Karrie

Katy said...

Great pictures!!!! It is imperfectly BEAUTIFUL!!!! :)

Bonita said...

As a mother of teens let me say that you will never regret your decision to have an imperfect house in order to focus on loving and raising your kids. It pays huge dividends in the long run! Houses come and go, children are eternal and boy do they ever grow up fast!

Melissa Lester said...

What a sweet family! And congratulations on your first house!