Friday, September 12, 2008

Trevor's 1st day of pre-school

It was such a bittersweet day yesterday. I woke up and got myself ready thinking I would have to fight him to get up, get dressed, eat, brush his teeth etc. I woke him up and told him he needed to get up and get dressed for school and get his stuffed animal dressed...He got right up got ready, didn't really throw a fit about anything. Then I asked him to get his back pack on and get ready to go to school...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Can you see my 20 pound weight loss? I just see skinnier legs with a spare tire around my stomach!
Photobucket
We left and headed to school...Its about 10-15 mins away ...When you get there you park behind the car ahead of you in this HUGE circle. Shut your engine off and wait for the smiley face to go out to know schools open. He wanted to unroll his window like all the other kidsPhotobucket...I was started to get scared here..My stomach was turning and I was starting to cry a little but I didnt let him see it. The smiley face goes up and off he goes...Didnt even tell me bye.. Photobucket I cried the whole way home...Its so sad to know he is no longer in my full care...It also sucks that hes getting so old. I hate the fact hes not my little monkey anymore! I went to pick him up and waited for a few mins and then they formed a line and came out and the teachers dispersed the kids. He came running to me and wanted a HUG! So I did of course asked him how it was and he said he wanted to go home...his lip hurts(he picks it when hes nervous)...I put him in the car and asked him if he had fun and he said yea that he wanted to come back...The teacher said he did awesome! It took me all day but I got outta him that they sang songs in the morning and before they left, colored, cut, played in the kitchen, went potty, and washed their hands with green soap. He goes back Tuesday for a full day. I hope this gets easier for both him and myself.

1 comment:

Kylee said...

Aww I feel ya, my kids started this week too! Time flies!