Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Meal plan

Meal planning is planning what you are going to serve for a certain amount of time, could be a week, could be a day, could be a month. You are organizing the ingredients and recipes. (taken from yahoo)

When doing our best financially we were meal planning and shopping accordingly. Today I made out my plan for dinners, picked a few lunch items, breakfast, and the weekly items till the end of September. I decided to go to the grocery store and shop for the next two weeks and do it as cheaply as possible. NOTHING goes on the cart that isn't on the list!

I wanted to get out of the store for under 150 hopefully 100. I spent 77 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saved 41 dollars and earned 4 back on my next purchase! I am thrilled. I'm about to plan out my coupons for the next 2 weeks! Thats right this is the exciting life of someone making all efforts to tighten her budget!

No comments: