Monday, January 21, 2008

Meal planning, and end of the month budget

My week has officially started down one kid :) My mom took Trevor for the day! I do have a clean house, one thing down. Laundry is all caught up! I do need to make a meal plan for the remainder of the month. It seems like we are eating the same things over and over again. I have a very wide range of things I will eat or at least try, Jeff not so much(grrr)

My eleven meals:
Fettuccine Alfredo
Di Giornio Pizza
Chicken, Rice Casserole and veggie
Cheeseburgers
Baked Ziti with Texas Toast
Spaghetti with Texas Toast
Fajitas with Queso
Chicken, Red Potatoes baked dish with veggies
Taco bake
Roasted Chicken with noodles and a veggie
Beef Tenderloin

I have 120 dollars left for my grocery budget. I'm hoping I can use this or even less for the rest of the month :) We are now left with 2 credit cards left, after our return comes in we will have about 2k in our Savings account and NO MORE CREDIT CARDS! YAY! NO MORE DEBT! Now its time to save save save for this house that we want! We followed our budget very good this past month. Went a little over for gas, a little over for shopping(however in the long run saved a ton so I wont be over spending for Christmas :))

2 comments:

A Girl, A Boy, and Me said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! This week we are having a lot of fish. Individual stuffed salmon or flounder from Trader Joe's is 2.99 per person. Add a salad and rice and it's a nice meal.

I also am making tortilla soup...a box of broth, a can of chicken, a jar of salsa and a can of corn. I add in diced avocado, green onions, chilies and cilantro.

Elisa said...

Congrats on starting a blog! I love it.

I look forward to reading and getting some good ideas! I really need to menu plan better.

(found you via the bargain board ;))